tree replanting


We live in Thornhll. There is a lovely tree in the front of our house that appears to have been too large for its location because this winter it got severely bent over and is almost perpendicular to the ground. I would like to either have the hole for this tree redug, so that the tree can be replanted to grow straight, or take it out and replant it in the back yard. Can you suggest a gardener who can do this and if the tree will be ok to be transplanted from its current location . Thank you.


I am afraid, but as Master Gardeners we cannot make recommendations for  specific businesses. We suggest you contact a relevant trade association for recommendations.  Your situation probably requires the services of an arborist rather than a “gardener” as this sounds like a pretty big job. Arborists are certified with the International Society of Arboriculture (I.S.A.) or registered with the American Society of Consulting Arborists (A.S.C.A.).

Ask around – your friends, acquaintances and neighbours – see if they know anyone.  Get references when selecting a company.

The following websites should be helpful: