Our volunteers give presentations, conduct workshops or provide question and answer sessions for community groups, schools, garden clubs, horticultural societies, work groups and other organizations. We also staff advice clinics at community events, and partner with a wide range of community groups to inform and inspire gardeners.
Master Gardeners are in high demand, often booked as much as a year in advance.
Please give us 4-6 week’s notice when requesting a Master Gardener for your event, and even more notice for events during the busy gardening season from March to June. We will make every effort to fulfil your request.
To discuss the options and possibilities for your engagement or event, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Here’s a current list of our presentations:
- 10 Tips for Low Maintenance Gardening
- 15 Ways to Garden Large in Small Spaces
- African Violets: Unsung Heroes of the Plant World
- Balcony and Terrace Container Gardening
- The Basics of Vegetable Gardening
- Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes & Tubers
- Fabulous Ferns
- Fabulous Foliage
- Fascinating Canadian Flora from Coast to Coast to Coast
- Garden Disasters: Prepare, Survive, Thrive
- Gardening in the Shade
- Garden Wise: Organic and Sustainable Methods
- Green Roofs
- Growing from Seed
- Growing the Romantics: Roses, Peonies & Irises
- Houseplants: Our Constant Garden
- Landscaping with Trees and Large Shrubs
- The Orchid: Evocative Evolutionary, Daunting Diva or Humble Houseplant?
- Pollinator Gardens
- Putting the Garden to Bed
- Soil Matters
- Spring Awakening
- Top Tips for Top Vegetables
- Trees and Shrubs: A Basic Primer
- The Urban Potager
- Winning the War on Weeds