Grow Me Instead
Did you know that some plants sold at garden centres are considered invasive and can cause ecological harm? Grow Me Instead is an essential guide to inform and educate home gardeners about invasive plants and offer suitable non-invasive alternatives.
Check out our YouTube Content
Our useful Gardening Guides provide introductory information for the home gardener about a broad range of horticultural topics.
Check out our latest guide on Native Plants for Habitat, which provides a detailed list of native plants of interest for the Toronto area.
Invasives Spotlight: Jumping Worms and Spotted Lanternfly
Learn about two new threats to our gardens and local ecosystems: Jumping Worms and Spotted Lanternfly.
The Invasive Species Centre provides comprehensive information about invasive species identification, impacts and management.
Throughout the year, Toronto Master Gardeners post brief gardening tips on this site to help you with your seasonal gardening tasks.
Latest News and Tips
- June: Bearded Iris June 1, 2023
- June: Daily Check-up June 1, 2023
- June: Make the Most of Your Vegetable Garden June 1, 2023
- June: Stake Floppy Perennials June 1, 2023
- June: Bulb Foliage June 1, 2023
- June: Welcome a Toad to Your Garden June 1, 2023
- June: Taking Indoor Plants Outside June 1, 2023
- June: Trimming Early Blooming, Low Growing Perennials June 1, 2023