Invasive Species Focus - Upcoming Webinar September 25
The Toronto Master Gardeners invite you to attend this free webinar sponsored by the Invasive Species Centre. Ornamental horticulture is the main source of invasive plants. Many invasive plants that pose a particular threat continue to be readily available in garden centres. This presentation will explain what it means to say that a plant is invasive, the impact of invasive plants on the natural environment, identification of some commonly available invasive plants and alternative plants to consider that will have similar landscaping effect while enhancing the ecosystem. The content will also cover management and safe disposal of existing invasive species.
WHEN: Saturday September 25, 4-5pm
WHERE: Online - Register here
Watch one of our informative YouTube videos
To view our complete video library, please visit our YouTube channel.
HOW WE'RE HELPING GARDENERS DURING COVID-19:
While we can't meet you in person until the health crisis ends, our volunteers are still active and available to assist you online.
We are currently offering virtual advice clinics, presentations and workshops via Zoom. Here are just a few of the many presentations we offer:
Spring Awakenings | Growing from Seed | Houseplants: Our Constant Garden | Landscaping with Trees and Large Shrubs
Throughout the year, Toronto Master Gardeners post brief gardening tips on this site to help you with your seasonal gardening tasks.
LATEST NEWS AND TIPS
- September: Lessons Learned: Beans September 1, 2021
- September: Get Soil Tested September 1, 2021
- September: Leave the Flare of the Tree Exposed September 1, 2021
- September: Plant Bulbs for Early Spring Colour September 1, 2021
- September: Clean Up Your Garden Thoroughly From Now Til the Snow Flies September 1, 2021
- September: Sow the Last Salad Crops September 1, 2021
- September: Buying Bulbs September 1, 2021
- September: First Frost Date September 1, 2021
Register for our FREE Garden Chat
Stay tuned for more garden chats coming soon!