I would like to take a course in gardening, but to work my own garden and my family’s… do you know where can I get information?
Oh my there are so many ways to learn more about gardening! And they are all fun….Here are a few to consider:
- The Toronto Botanical Garden offers lots of lectures/courses.
- Join a local gardening club – e.g., see Garden clubs of Ontario.
- Take a look at horticultural clubs and societies.
- The North American Native Plant Society has lots of activities.
- The Toronto Public Library holds talks on gardening.
- The Toronto Community Garden Network also offers workshops/training.
Another way to learn about gardening is to go to your local nursery and ask lots of questions. Buy a few plants, some good soil and start gardening!
Remember too that some of your neighbours may know a lot about gardening (especially about plants that will grow well in your area of town) – and gardeners usually like to share their knowledge…and sometimes their plants!
Enjoy pursuing your interest in gardening — maybe at some point you will want to join the Toronto Master Gardeners!